A lot of people don’t know what to do with windows, especially since they come in so many shapes and sizes. Here are some tips to maximize the effect of your windows, whether they’re the focal point of your room or something you just want to cover up.
- Think about the time of day that you’ll use the room and judge accordingly how you’ll decorate. If a room will be used mostly in the evening, we can cover most of the window.
- Layering with beautiful patterns is the way to go, just don’t overdo it.
- Keep in mind that windows that frame the fireplace evoke a formal feeling.
- Use a double lining to make sure the sun won’t damage beautiful curtains.
- For a cozy relaxing space with rich colours, try a variety of patterns on the rug, chairs and window, but vary the scale of the patterns.
- Windows with shutters or blinds but no treatments feel naked.
- If you don’t have a big window, but you want it to feel bigger, extend the drapery past the window, covering the wall. The window will immediately feel as though it’s doubled in size.
- A soft roman blind with the addition of a drapery looks wonderful, gives privacy and lets a bit of light in.2005/08/31 | Mary Dobson